Monday, October 31, 2016
Student Assistant Spotlight: Annie
This week, we're highlighting some of the great work that our student assistants do at the library. Be on the lookout for their pictures around the library and blog posts throughout the week to learn a little bit more about them and what they do.
Annie has been here for a few semesters so she's a pro at answering most questions she encounters at the Public Services desk. She's at ChattState working on a degree in nursing, but also has a background in anthropology. She's close to completing her degree and we know she'll be a wonderful nurse, but we're glad she's working at the library in the meantime!
1. What's your major? Registered Nursing
2. What was your last read? The Center Cannot Hold
3. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Camping, hiking with my dog, gaming (X box), Playing cards (Spades) and being social.
4. What's your favorite movie? The Water Diviner
5. If you were a super hero, who would you be? Nikita
6. If you could travel back in time, what time frame would you visit and why? My time on Ossabaw Island, GA as an Archaeology field school supervisor because it was so beautiful, peaceful and unique.
5. Where do you see yourself in five years? Might be married. Might have a baby. Will have a career. Might be furthering my education.
6. What's your favorite part about working in the library? My peers. My bosses are awesome. Usually it's quiet, which is nice.
7. Something people would be surprised to know about you? I went on a dirt bike (all terrain bikes)/ road trip with my father for a month. We drove to Bozeman, Montana where my cousin lives- got on the bikes and made it to Banff, Canada.