Thursday, November 05, 2020

Happy Retirement, Amy Campbell!

  

Amy Campbell is retiring in November 2020. We will miss her!

Amy has helped students in technology support since the creation of the student technology support position in the library. Her dedication to her work was recognized in 2019 with the Professional Staff Association Excellence Award.  Because of COVID, a retirement party will be held later.

In her 2016 Stars at KLIC blog post, Amy wrote:
"In 2013, I moved to the campus library and became the Coordinator of Educational IT Support, a new position that provides tech support for all Chatt State students. I love this job! I get to be an advocate for students and help them with their technology issues, and I learn something new in computer science every day. The best bonus is that I work with the amazing staff in the Kolwyck Library!

Amy continued, "I never imagined when I was a student in 1990 that I would still be at Chattanooga State in 2016, but I found a place where I have been able to grow and learn and even help others achieve their dreams. I can’t imagine anything better."

In a campus email, Susan Jennings, Dean of Library Services, wrote:

"Amy Campbell has worked in various departments (i.e. Engineering Technology, Chemistry, Physics, Academic Resources, etc.) on campus but has made her home in the library for the last seven years.  Amy has coordinated the Student Technology Support for campus that is currently housed in the library.  She created this position from scratch and made it her own.  Amy has been actively involved with the Chattanooga Girls’ Choir (serving on its board and chaperoning trips all around the world with them).  She also enjoys playing handbells at her church.   Retirement will find Amy somewhere between Minnesota and Florida (with maybe a trip between to Louisville for the Kentucky Derby) and enjoying time with her husband, daughters, and grandchildren.  Amy is leaving behind a legacy of superb service and dedication to the success of our students.  We will miss you."

Amy wrote in her email to the library staff announcing her retirement, ""In December 2012, I was lucky enough to become “Coordinator, Educational Information Technology Support Desk (Library)”--whew! It has been by far my favorite job I’ve ever had at Chattanooga State, and I have a lot of past jobs to compare it to!"

We will miss your advocacy, your dedication to help students; we will miss you, Amy!


No comments: