Monday, July 01, 2019

July is Park and Recreation Month - Game On! Part One


By Dwight Hunter

One of my favorite guides to work on and to update each year is this guide: Park & Recreation Month Guide.

This is part one of a three-part blog series about this guide.  It is a fun guide to find park and recreation resources, and to view embedded videos, and to explore links and much more.

In my senior year in high school, I decided to take what I thought was an easy course called Recreational Sports. It wasn't easy. I learned how to play racquetball & volleyball, how to bowl, do archery, practice rifle target shooting; and I learned slow pitch softball, trampoline tricks, rappelling, golf, and disc golf. Those recreational lessons are still with me today.

Use the information in the guide to find a park near you! As always each year, there are pictures submitted by the library staff that can be viewed -- more about the KLIC staff pictures in part two of the blog series!

The new feature this year on the guide is Head of Sequatchie River! The Sequatchie River exits a cave at full force on its journey to the Tennessee River. Find out the connection among HOS and Devilstep Hollow Cave and Grassy Cove!

Enjoy a fun summer - discover a park, see how people have recreational fun, and make a lifetime of discovery! 


No comments: