June is Audiobook Month--Listen Up!
Top ten reasons to listen to audiobooks:
10. You'll feel like a kid again, listening to someone read you a story.
9. You can learn something new with very little effort.
8. Your yakety-yak friends will be more interested in listening than talking.
7. Time spent in line at the drive-in window will seem less wasteful.
6. Your kids will get bored and fall asleep in the car.
5. Your spouse or carpool buddy will get bored and fall asleep in the car.
4. The walk you know you need to take will be less painful.
3. The policeman who pulls you over will be impressed by your intellectual pursuits.
2. Listening to someone read a book drowns out the sound of your cell phone ringing.
And the #1 reason to read audiobooks is:
1. Chatt State's library has a great collection to check out for free! Yippee!!
That's right! And just inside the library you will see two displays of these books:
On a small table to the left is a selection of some of the most popular audiobooks, including some children's favorites--Green Eggs and Ham and Horton Hears a Who. To the right just around the check-out desk is a display stand with the remainder of the collection for you to browse to your heart's content. Titles include classics, fiction, and non-fiction. There's something for everybody.
If you're a currently enrolled student, bring your ChattState photo ID; faculty & staff bring your library cards, or if you're not one of our students or employees have a community card made then choose whatever floats your boat. (No pun intended with all the rain we've had lately.)
See you soon!