Saturday, November 24, 2018

New KLIC Audiobook: Note to Self

By Dwight Hunter

Note to Self: Inspiring words from inspiring people is a new audiobook to the library this month. I decided to check it out for my long drive during the Thanksgiving holiday. This is an inspiring, worthwhile audiobook. 

Gayle King shared her favorite inspiring letters from the popular CBS This Morning segment Note to Self, in which twenty-first century luminaries penned advice and encouragement to the young people they once were. Each of the letters were read by the authors. This made the audio delivery of each letter mean so much more as I could hear the emotions or the tonal emphasis.

King asked at the end of the audiobook to consider writing a note to yourself. To your younger self. What would you write? What would you focus on? What age would you write to yourself? I think if I did this, I would write to my 16-year old self. 

I want to point out some of the letters that are on the audio book. The essays read by Ryan O'Callaghan and by Jimmy Greene will absolutely tear your heart out. Gut-wrenching letters.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Tim Howard will make you laugh. Tyler Perry and Vice President Joe Biden will make you think. Frank Gehry's letter will surprise you. All of the letters were so great and worth listening again. 

If you need a little wisdom, a little insight to struggles, a little inspiration -- check out this audiobook.




No comments: