Many in the Chattanooga State community have asked what they can do when tragedy strikes close to home and we've gathered a few resources for those wishing to donate or pay respects.
Where to Donate:
- National Compassion Fund (provides direct assistance to victims)
- Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga 7-16 Chattanooga Heroes (support the families of those who lost their lives)
- Donate blood to Blood Assurance (donate blood to local survivors and community members)
- Officer Dennis Pedigo (assistance for rehabilitation costs for his leg injury)
What You Can Do:
- Observe the funeral procession for David Wyatt as it passes by Chattanooga State on July 24 at 2:00p
- Observe the funeral procession for Randall Smith as it passes by Chattanooga State on July 28th at 3:30p
- NoogaStrong, ZumbaStrong Fundraiser on Saturday, August 1, 10:00 AM to Noon at Ooltewah Baptist Church
- Pay your respects by visiting the memorials on Lee Highway and Amnicola Highway or at the Chattanooga Funeral Home Crematory and Florist
- Purchase a #NoogaStrong sticker at Merchants Warehouse for $7, half of the proceeds will go the family of David Wyatt
- Attend a benefit concert on August 7 at the ICCM, proceeds will go to families of the victims
The library has a Chattanooga Strong display in the front entry, highlighting books from the collection on the history of the US Navy and Marines as well as books on overcoming grief.
KLIC staff would like to send a special note of thanks to Chattanooga State Police, Security, and Administration for their swift action during the lockdown.