|Betsy Fronk, Reference Librarian |
1. If you could have any celebrity as your BFF, who would you choose?
Betty White because of her love of animals and her wide range of performances: Sue Ann Nivens, Rose, Carol Burnett show, radio
2. Why did you decide to become a librarian?
Fought the fear that the stereotype of library life was a reality for several years. Finally, I saw that my love of many topics was a natural fit for reference. I realized that I had to return to school for an accredited degree in order to pursue a career. The web design work here at KLIC has been a bonus.
3. What’s your favorite holiday?
Christmas – the songs, the food, the gifts to give and get, the cards, the tv specials
4. Favorite touristy thing to do in Chattanooga?
Visit the Aquarium
5. What’s the most rewarding part of your job?
Variety of things I get to do: teach, help design web pages, check out database functions, write reviews, find resources for users in their projects
6. Name a movie that is better than the book.
The Firm by John Grisham – suspense of the chase and the great cast outweigh the pages of dialogue and description in the book
7. What’s your favorite thing about the new library?
8. Early bird or night owl?
9. Best part of the Thanksgiving feast?
Sweet potato casserole/squash casserole
10. If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
Toss up between invisibility and teleportation (think both could come in handy depending upon the situation) – times when I’d either like to gathering information if I couldn’t be seen or move around very quickly. In light of how I have to quickly go from classroom to service desk to Humanities auditorium, the teleportation has a slight edge.