Saturday, November 05, 2016

Student Assistant Spotlight: Ashley

This week, we're highlighting some of the great work that our student assistants do at the library. Be on the lookout for their pictures around the library and blog posts throughout the week to learn a little bit more about them and what they do.

When Ashley isn't working towards her Rad Tech degree, you'll most often find her in the library helping her fellow students. She's been here several semesters, so there's not much patrons can ask to stump her. She's an integral part of the closing crew and we appreciate all of her hard work!


Ashley smiling


1. What's your major? Radiologic Technology

2. What was your last read? Written in My Own Hearts Blood by Diana Gabaldon

3. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Reading, gaming (Xbox & PC), sleeping, watching movies with loved ones and taking walks.

4. What's your favorite color? GREEN :D

5. Where do you see yourself in five years? I’m more focused on what I’m going to be doing today, because no matter what you plan for, it will always change. Ten years ago I saw myself as a composer with a husband and children by the age of 25. Here I am, almost 30, no children, and in a healthcare field. Whatever comes tomorrow is what comes, so I try to enjoy as much of my today as possible.

6. If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be? “Keep on trying”

7. If you had to choose to live without one of your 5 senses, which one would it be? I would live without my sight – our society is so overly sensitive to the images of everything around us. Models, food, movies, clothing, body image…I’d rather hear the laughter of my loved ones and music and the way the world breathes, instead of the seeing the masks we insist on wearing.


No comments: