Friday, September 10, 2010

PLEEEEEASE get your Chatt State Photo ID made.

Overheard at the check-out desk early one Monday morning:

Student: I need to use the textbook for HUM 1010.

Library staff: Sure, do you have your photo ID?

ST: Uh, no, I haven't had one made yet.

LS: The Chattanooga State photo ID is your library card. It's free, but you need to go to the student center, room 216 to have the card made. The hours are:

  • Monday, Sept. 13-Thursday, Sept. 16: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm 
  • Friday, Sept. 17: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
AND Beginning Sept. 20:

  • Monday-Tuesday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
  • Wednesday & Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 noon
  • Thursday: CLOSED
BUT, students can call 423-697-2618 to make an appointment if they cannot come during the above hours.

ST: Oh, man, really? I need that book to make copies for my assignment that's due tomorrow.

LS: I completely understand, but if you go right now, you can come back and still have time to use the book. It takes only a few minutes to have the card made.

ST: Okay, I'll be right back!

Moral of the story: Do we have to tell you the moral of the story?

No comments: