Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Art Exhibit in the Library--Pastels by Susan Doubleday

Local artist Susan Doubleday has loaned to the library six of her beautiful pastel landscapes. Ms. Doubleday is an award-winning artist who holds signature membership in the Tennessee Watercolor Society. She has worked most recently in pastels creating vibrant landscapes, examples of which are on display for your enjoyment through the month of February.

Susan says of her work, "Painting, for me, allows me to express the colors and energy of the landscape and capture that in my art. I draw the energy from my surroundings, places I visit, and the elements that catch my eye visually.

Don't miss this opportunity to experience this artist's beautiful work.

You may view examples at her website: Susan Doubleday Art.

No comments: