Friday, June 30, 2017

July is Park and Recreation Month - Find Your Park - Part One


By Dwight Hunter

One of my favorite guides to work on and to update each year is this guide: Park & Recreation Month Guide


This is part one of a three-part blog series about this guide.  It is a fun guide to find park and recreation resources, and to view embedded videos, and to explore links and much more.
 

In my senior year in high school, I decided to take what I thought was an easy course called Recreational Sports. It wasn't easy. In that course, I learned how to play racquetball & volleyball, how to bowl, do archery, practice rifle target shooting; and I learned slow pitch softball, trampoline tricks, rappelling, golf, and disc golf. Those lessons are still with me today!

Use the information in the guide to find a park near you! As always each year, there are pictures submitted by the library staff that can be viewed -- more about the KLIC staff pictures in part two of the blog series!

Enjoy a fun summer - discover a park, see how people have recreational fun, and get your play on! 




Guide link:
http://library.chattanoogastate.edu/parks2017

No comments: