National Poetry Month aims to:
- highlight the extraordinary legacy and ongoing achievement of American poets,
- encourage the reading of poems,
- assist teachers in bringing poetry into their classrooms,
- increase the attention paid to poetry by national and local media,
- encourage increased publication and distribution of poetry books, and
- encourage support for poets and poetry.
On the PDF version of this year’s poster, each image is clickable and links to a poem. Check it out below - click an image; read a poem!