|Cathy Bell, Secretary|
1. Where did you go on your last vacation?
It has always been on my bucket list to visit Disney World at Christmas time and I was finally able to go in December 2013. People had always told me it was beautiful and they were right. I saw a life-size gingerbread house, gorgeous themed Christmas trees everywhere, and beautiful lights and fireworks. My trip was everything I envisioned and certainly one that I will never forget.
2. How do you spend a normal day off?
Most of the time I am catching up on the never ending things that need to be done around the house like laundry, cleaning or yard work. Whenever I get the chance, I scrapbook, cook or read a good book. Of course spending time with my 3 year old granddaughter is always fun and she never fails to entertain me.
3. Dogs or cats?
Oh definitely cats. Cats totally rule!!! Cats are very intelligent, loving when they want to be and yet don’t require constant attention. This past year, my cat Logan died and I’ve still not gotten used to him being gone. I think I’m almost ready to get another cat. I look forward to having a new fur baby to love.
4. List something about your job that most people don’t know about.
I am the unofficial social director of the library. I try to schedule parties throughout the year which gives staff an opportunity to wind down and catch up with not only library staff but also with others on campus. We are well known for our “soup” parties. Unfortunately this past year with our renovation, we were not able to have our regular events. So with that being said and now that the renovation is over….I think it’s time to schedule a party!!!
5. Something you don’t leave home without?
I don’t go anywhere without my purse. It contains all the essential items needed for not only myself, but also my family and friends. My purse normally carries makeup, gum, medicine, and of course a variety of coupons for when I go out to eat. Got to save a little money….right?
6. You find a magic lamp and a genie gives you three wishes. What would you wish for?
1) Wisdom to always make good decisions, 2) good health, and 3) financial freedom to be able to live comfortably.
7. Who is your favorite author?
It’s impossible to narrow my favorite author down to just one. I love Danielle Steel, John Grisham, Iris Johansen, Karen Kingsbury and Sue Grafton.
8. What is the biggest change you’ve witnessed at Chattanooga State?
Being able to register online. When I attended back in the 80’s, we were given computer punch-out cards for each class that we wanted to register for and there were only a limited number of cards for each class. Then we would stand in a long line for hours waiting for these cards to be manually inputted into a computer. We’ve come a loooonnnggg way!!!
9. If you could be any character in fiction, who would you be?
I love the character Mulan. Her willingness to sacrifice herself in order to save her father showed tremendous love and courage while facing the unknown. I also loved that she never gave up when things seemed hopeless or difficult. She showed that the actions of one person can make all the difference in the world.
10. If you could invite any three people to dinner, who would you choose?
1) Billy Graham - would be awesome to talk and listen to about his many travels, all the different people he has met, and his experiences with God.
2) Tim McGraw – is a good singer plus he is so good looking. I’m impressed with his views about how men should treat women and think he is a great example to not only his daughters, but also other women.
3) My mother – unfortunately my mother passed away when I was seven years old. My memories of her have faded and I would love the opportunity to just be able to sit and talk with her about so many things.