|Amy Campbell, Educational IT Support Coordinator|
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 697-2667
1. What is the last movie you went to see?
The Butler. It made me angry; it made me smile; it made me sad. An excellent and important movie.
2. If you could be any character in fiction, who would you be?
Hermione Granger, the smart but somewhat socially inept young witch in the Harry Potter books. She’s surprisingly brave and she uses her brain to save the day.
3. What was your favorite class in college?
I don’t know about “favorite,” but one of the most memorable was the class I took in Chronobiology, the study of the body’s daily cycles. We tracked our own body rhythms by taking various readings throughout the day for several weeks, and I found out that my rhythms were oddly similar to that of a potato. For the rest of the semester the professor called me “Spud”.
4. You find a magic lamp and a genie give you three wishes. What do you wish for? I assume I’m not allowed to ask for unlimited wishes? OK, I’ll ask for these: (1) all people will have perfect health until they decide they’ve done enough living or their 100th birthday, whichever comes first (Corollary to help prevent overpopulation: women will only be fertile for three years out of that 100!); (2) all people will be given the gift of empathy, since people who feel the suffering of others are less likely to cause pain, and those who can share joy are more likely to want to make others happy; and (3) I get a secret stash of a few billion dollars to have fun with!
5. What's your favorite sport?
NASCAR racing! I’m somewhat embarrassed to say that I’m a Tony Stewart fan. He’s a very talented driver but can be an irritating person at times. I suppose I like the passion and dedication he shows, and I’d rather watch someone who is a bit of a loose cannon than someone who is boring and predictable.
6. Are you related to anyone famous?
How about someone infamous? Supposedly I am distantly related on my mother’s side to John Wilkes Booth, Lincoln’s assassin. Just great.
7. What is your earliest memory?
I remember sitting at my daddy’s feet as he played his ukulele and sang “Baby Face” to me. Many years later I sang that same song to my daughters when they were little!
8. What was your favorite Halloween costume growing up?
When I was maybe 11 or 12, I made a full head mask by putting paper maché strips all over a balloon and using mashed up maché to fashion the nose, lips, eyebrows, and ears. After it dried I cut a neck hole and eye holes and painted it, and then I glued mop strands to the top for hair. I looked very strange, but I was really proud of my creation!
9. Spring, Summer, Winter, or Fall?
Summer! I grew up in Florida and love warm weather, and I like the long hours of daylight. I also like the change of pace that summer often brings—home improvement projects, travel, visits from friends and family, etc.
10. Cats or dogs?
For me, cats! I like most dogs, but they tend to be high-maintenance and also often seem so desperate for attention that they’ll do anything to get it from anyone. I prefer an animal companion who isn’t too needy and who hangs around with me because I’m special to them and I’ve earned their friendship. I think I prefer my human companions to be like that, too!