Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Children's books become movies. What's your favorite one?

Unless you have been living in a soundproof, television-free, devoid-of-media environment, you have heard about the Spike Jonze film version of the classic Maurice Sendak picture book, "Where the Wild Things Are."  Have you seen it yet?  I have, and I was surprised, disappointed, amazed, and delighted with this interpretation of one of my most favorite children's book. (If you want to know my opinion in more detail, just ask.)

Hundreds of children's books have been made into feature films.  You probably read the Harry Potter books and saw those movies. And another terrific one that's playing now is "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs."

And who can forget "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,"The Cat in the Hat," "Jumanji," The Chronicles of Narnia," "The Polar Express," "Charlotte's Web," and "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz."  I could go on but....

Tell us what movie made from a children's book you enjoyed.  Oh, come on. you know you want to!

1 comment:

elfgreen said...

hard to pick just one but I would say it's Pollyanna due to her attitude and its influence on the town