Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Library Offers Extended Hours Sat & Sun, May 2-3

Overheard in the IMC lobby:

Hard-working Student: Drat! I have to work until 3:00 this Saturday, and I was hoping to get to the library that day to study for my finals.  I need about 4 hours to finish my part of the project and a PC to use.

Problem-Solving Student:  No, problem, man.  Didn't you know that the library is open longer this weekend?  Saturday they're open 11:00 AM until 7:00 PM; and Sunday they're open from 1:00-7:00.  That SGA guy said they were paying the library staff's extra hours out of the SGA budget. 

HWS:  Cool!  That's exactly what I need.  You know we have that project due Monday, too. You want to text the group from our business class so we can study together and work on that PowerPoint presentation?

PSS:  Yeah, that's a good idea, but we need a couple of awesome computers and a place where we can talk and work so we don't bother everybody else. You have to be quiet in the library, you know.

HWS:  Nah, you don't.  They've got a group study room we can reserve and it's got two hyper computers in there.  It's awesome!

PSS: I'm there.  Let's try for 3:30, okay?

HWS: Sure, I can be there by then. Let me go inside and reserve the room, and you let everybody know. If we don't get finished by 7:00 on Saturday, can we come back on Sunday?

PSS:  Yeah, didn't I just say that the library's open Sunday from 1:00-7:00?  If we don't get it done by then....

HWS:  Not to worry, man. With this extra time and a place to work, we're all set. Just bring your brain this time!

No comments: